Quite a mouthful, the title of this dish, but despite that, it’s a marvelously simple thing to whip up, and a spectacular vegetarian feast of colour and flavour.
We recently got our hands on an air fryer, which is what we used to make the recipe, but a regular oven does the job just as well, if not better. Microwaving the veggies for a few minutes before popping them in the oven cuts out a good half an hour of roasting time.
I strongly recommend occasionally making a big batch of Harissa paste and keeping it in the fridge – it’s such a flavour explosion and goes well with almost anything, recipe here.
Avo broccoli mash with roast veggies and rose harissa
- 1 large head of broccoli, broken into florets Steamed in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, depending on size and microwave strength.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Might be more or less depending on your lemon size. Taste and add more if needed.
- 1/2 clove garlic or more. Feel free.
- 200g Brussel sprouts
- 2 Carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 Onion, cut into 8ths
- Any other roastable veg you might have on hand – cherry tomatoes, butternut, sweet potato etc., cut into chunks around 1.5cm.
- 3 tbsp Rose harissa
- 3 tbsp Thick yoghurt
- salt and lemon juice, to taste
- If you don't have an air fryer, preheat your oven to 200C.Start by breaking up the brocolli and steaming in the microwave, while this is on the go chop your other veggies.
- After steaming the broccoli in the microwave or blanching on the stovetop briefly, pulse in a food processor or nutribullet with the rest of the ingredients to make a mash. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Steam all your veggies for roasting in a tub with a lid in the microwave for around 5 minutes. Once hot and steamy, toss with olive oil, salt & pepper, then empty them into an air fryer or your hot oven. Roast for 15-20 min, or until golden brown and sexy.
- Mix the harissa ingredients together.To serve, spread a layer of mash, top with veggies and drizzle the harissa yoghurt on top. YUMMO!!