This instant bread is seriously quick to whip up, requires no kneading or rising and will clinch any mezze-type dinner party with no extra effort.
We used teff flour here that we ground ourselves, but feel free to substitute for other grains or flours as you have available.
Instant teff bread with miso and sumac
- 1 1/2 Cups Regular or wholewheat flour
- 1 Cup Teff flour
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa (or other) flour
- 3 Tsp Baking powder
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp Miso
- Big glug Olive oil
- 1 Cup Liquid (we used chick pea cooking water, aka aquafaba, but water/milk/yohgurt etc is fine)
- 2 Cloves Fresh garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200C.Mix all the ingredients together except the sumac in an electric mixer, or whisk by hand until smooth if you don't have one.
- Line a silicone thing with baking paper, throw in the dough and sprinkle with sumac and coarse salt on top.
- Bake for 40m or until a knife comes out clean and the bread sounds hollow when you tap it.