Let me start out by saying that this recipe contains pretty much all of my favourite ingredients, and is stunning.
It is also very adaptable, so feel free to chop and change according to what you have in your cupboards.
Whole roasted cauliflower with tahini, bacon and preserved lemons.
A stunner of a main course, unusual and very delicious. Leave out the bacon to make it veg friendly.Needs a long baking, which can probably be shortened by microwaving the cauliflower before the time.
- 1 Massive cauliflower Use the biggest one you can find
- Tin foil
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup White wine
- 2 tbsp Miso
- 100g Diced bacon
- 150g Mushrooms - we used shimeji
- 1 Red chilli, chopped
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 Preserved lemon, skin sliced thinly and flesh chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 Cm Ginger, mashed
- Dissolve the miso with the liquid, and add the rest of the ingredients, except the mushrooms.
- Cut the base of the cauliflower until it is level with the bottom florets.Chuck some sauce inside and swirl it around to coat the inside of the cauliflower.
- Wrap your baby in tin foil from the base upward, but before you seal the top, throw the mushrooms and the rest of the sauce all over him. You want a bit of a pool of sauce at the bottom, so make sure your tinfoil seals properly.If you don't have tinfoil, you can use a pot with baking paper and a lid, and you must put a baking tray with water in the oven to stop it drying out.
- Bake for 1h20m, or until it is soft all the way to the base (stick a knife in to check)