This was a revelation when I discovered it – Sabzi Khordan is a simple herb salad, eaten as a side or a palate cleanser, full of sharp flavours, exciting and unusual.
This goes exceptionally well with a rich, fatty main meal, the sharpness cuts through the meatiness with perfect ease. With that said, it works as a “side salad” to most other lighter dishes as well, and it’s simplicity makes it very versatile.
- 1 bunch each of coriander, mint, basil, and optionally fresh tarragon and parsley
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 glug olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chunks feta
- 1 small bunch radishes, quartered
- fresh flatbread, to serve
- Mix all the ingredients together, and serve.