Grilled spaghetti squash and preserved lemon salad
This tastes of summer, warm evenings and golden days - it's perfect
- 1 Spaghetti squash, peeled and sliced into 1cm slices Any summer squash works here, make sure it's sweet and juicey, and if you can eat it raw, it's fair game!
- 1/4 preserved lemon, finely chopped or minced
- pasta, any shape, cooked according to the packet
- handful of fresh parsley Or any fresh herbs you have lying around
- 2 handfulls baby spinach
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- Flaked salt, freshly ground black pepper and chilli flakes
- Olive oil and lemon juice
- 250 g Firm tofu or halloumi, cut into steaks Optional
Muddle the minced preserved lemon with 2 tbsp good quality olive oil. Season the squash slices with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Heat up a grill on very high heat and grill the peeled squash slices until nice char lines appear, then slice up and add to a big salad bowl with the cooked pasta, parsley and/or other herbs, baby spinach, preserved lemon, a good squeeze of lemon juice, a generous amount of black pepper and some chilli flakes. Toss around to combine.
If doing the tofu, char in the grill after the squash, the slice up and add on top with the almonds and flaked salt. Serve warm with lemon juice, olive oil and flaked salt.